Sunday, November 16, 2008

black bean brownies

I got this recipe from my sister, Melissa, and thought she must be crazy. I told Greg about it and he thought I was crazy. I made them with great hesitation and when i was done i licked the bowl.

ingredients:
1 package brownie mix
1 can of black beans drained and rinsed
1 cup of water


directions:
1. Drain and rinse your black beans and place in a food processor or blender with the water. Mix until smooth.

2. Add the black bean and water mixture to the brownie mix and stir together.

3. Place in a 350 degree oven and bake for about 35 minutes. I used an 8X8 pan. To test if the brownies are done place a knife or toothpick in the center if it comes out clean then they are done.

I found that the brownies are a little more fudge like. I will however be making these again. you cannot taste the black beans at all. Thanks Melissa. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Margene said...

black bean brownie. Sounds scary. do they make you toot